The KM-700 Kentucky Mandolin is hand-carved and graduated from the finest mountain spruce and northern maple. The tops and backs begin as quarter-sawn wedges of wood nearly 1″ thick. After careful selection, all contours are carved and final graduation takes place.
After assembly, the completed body and neck are stained in an artistic Cremona brown sunburst and finished with a durable high-gloss lacquer. Kentucky Mandolins continue to be today’s best value in handmade professional quality mandolins. The tone bars are precisely dimensioned to produce a rich powerful tone. The neck/body joint is done in the traditional manner between the 13th and 18th frets. The scale length is the standard 13-7/8″.
New Moon of Kentucky Keep On Shining! Here’s the Mandolin that has it all… a big powerful tone, easy playing action and beautifully figured woods in the tradition of the finest instruments of the 1920’s.
- Hand-carved solid spruce top
- Hand-carved solid highly flamed maple back and sides
- Maple neck with adjustable truss rod
- Bound, rosewood fingerboard with Saga’s new distinctive fingerboard extension design and m-o-p position inlays
- Newely designed, traditional style mother-of-pearl and abalone peghead inlay
- Traditional high-gloss sunburst finish
- Multi-ply binding on top, back and headstock
- Adjustable compensated stained rosewood bridge
- Nickel-plated hardware
- Shop adjusted